Blogroll

Sunday 28 December 2008

Where the heart is

I have always been envious of the vegetables Gary's parents grow in their home garden. Ever since they retired some one and a half years ago, they've put their hearts into their edible garden. There are rows and rows of Kai Lan or chinese broccoli, cool cucumbers on the vine, chinese herbs for making soup, big juicy zucchinis, flavoursome beans, hot chillies, coriander, chives, shallots and lots more.

My mother-in-law told me they haven't bought veggies for a long long time. My father-in-law even built a green house to keep the veggies warm in winter and keep birds and other little veggie munchers away.


My inlaws use this to make soup. I don't have a clue what they're called!


Cucumbers


Chinese Broccoli


Zucchinis


They even have three chooks that provide them with fresh eggs each day.
Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

Wandernut said...

Wow, I'd love to be self-sufficient like that. Fresh eggs. Veges from the garden. Sigh. Drool. Do we really have to wait till we retire?

Grace said...

Not really darls, I have a veggie garden too although snails and slugs get to it first before we do! About to harvest the first of the squash, and there're a few baby cucumbers on the vine too. Will show you some pictures soon, but mine are very skinny and malnourished!! Wonder what sort of fertilizer my FIL use!! hmmmm.... :P

Wandernut said...

Should but some L1&L2 poop and pee in there. Hahahahaha!!

KaDusMama said...

Hey there..
Just want to wish you and your family a wonderful New Year 2009! :)