Blogroll

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Green Papaya Salad



There's a tall papaya tree out at the back of mom's garden bearing an abundance of green papayas. That's only because we've eaten all the ripe ones and I couldn't wait for the rest to ripen! So I picked one that is green and decided to make a green papaya salad out of it!

Som Tum in Thai.

Ingredients:

1 medium sized green papaya, julienned
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 handful of basil leaves, also from mom's garden
5 bird's eye chillies, or cili padi
Juice from about 5-6 limes, also from mom's garden
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon palm sugar
1 clove garlic
A handful of roasted peanuts, crushed or left whole.

Zesty, refreshing and delicious! I could eat it all by myself and not feel an ounce of guilt!

I am feeling a little sorry for that papaya tree outside. I think I should lighten its load.

Photo from here. My bloggy camera has run out of battery! Eeeppps! Best Blogger Tips

No comments: