Blogroll

Thursday 20 August 2009

Shopping on Coles Online

For the past week, I have been riddled with lower back pain. It was probably from tossing and hurling two very squirmy boys, up and down the car, into shopping trolleys, in and out of swimming pools, up monkey bars and down the flying fox. Though it could also be the tickle wrestle or the human log roll race from one end of the living room to the other. It could be that one session at the gym or that 3 extra kilos I'm carrying around my waist. Whatever it was, I definitely didn't feel like anything physical. Actually, getting out of bed was virtually impossible at one stage. All is better now. Life goes on.

When I heard that Coles Online is delivering free of charge in Melbourne, I gladly welcomed the idea. This is actually quite cool. I get to shop aisle by aisle, by category, or even browse through specials without a shopping trolley and 2 very noisy boys. I don't have to empty out my trolley at the cash register and carry my load into the car.




The prices are the same. In fact I liked how it was broken down to price per unit at the website. The website is easy to navigate. The steps are simple. Just reserve a delivery time, add items into your cart and then check out when you're ready. There is a minimum spend of $50 and the delivery fee varies from 1 hour to 4 hour window. Right now, there's free delivery until midday Saturday for the 4 hour delivery windows.

I got my basic groceries and stock up on a few pantry items. I took advantage of the free delivery to my door and got really heavy bulky items like olive oil, vegetable oil, toilet paper, milk, washing and laundry detergent, canned food etc. They delivered the goods to my door at 4.30pm, my delivery window booked was between 4pm-8pm. All that was left out, was a loaf of bread. It didn't take much to rectify the problem. I called the customer care hotline, and the solution was easily achieved. They credited the amount back into my account. And guess what? I did more shopping for Saturday!

Hmmm... I would probably only ever do this again if there's free delivery or if a physical injury hits me again *touch wood, hopefully not!*. The adrenaline rush of zooming down the aisles with my boys sometimes yelling, sometimes singing, sometimes chucking a hissy fit or sometimes being a good shopping helper are definitely more fun. Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

Hi, came to your blog from Gert's My Kitchen Snippets. Nice to see another Msian blogger who enjoys cooking and baking living in Australia.

clekitty said...

Oh no!! I missed out on this I would have ordered my rice and canned goods :(

Grace said...

Hi Charmaine!
Thanks for popping by, and thanks also for allowing/inviting me to your blog. It's great to meet people with similar interests. :) Look forward to getting to know you a bit more...

Clekitty: Bummer! I'm sure they'll have it again sometime. It's great to stock up. I would use them again if there's free delivery! :)