I just love a good biscotti recipe. A good traditional Italian recipe, twice baked and packed with wholesome almond nuts. Its crunch is unforgettable. It is simplicity at its finest.
This recipe was adapted from MyKitchenSnippets. Once again, I was inspired and happy. It is a good biscotti recipe. So here it is:
2 cups plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract or 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole almonds, toasted
1. Whisk eggs and sugar until well combined.
2. Add in flavouring. I used almond extract.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Gradually fold into egg mixture. This will form a sticky dough.
4. Add in almonds.
5. Tip biscotti dough onto a floured surface, and using a little more flour on your fingers, work dough into 2 logs.
6. Pop logs into preheated oven at 180 degrees celcius and bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm.
7. Remove from oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
8. Using a serrated knife, cut into 0.5cm slices.
9. Bake slices for an additional 10 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp.
10. Dunk in coffee and enjoy!