Blogroll

Monday 31 August 2009

The Perfect Morning Tea



I get a lot of inspirations from foodie blogs. I would hop from a foodie blog to the next, ogling at yummy mouth-watering foodie pictures, scanning through recipes and picking out the one that I would try the next day. I wonder if foodie blogs are the recipe book of the future today. It's true! Sometimes when I feel like making something I'm unsure of, google is my best mate!

I'm always intrigued by who these food bloggers are, amazed by their talent and just wonder how their lives are lived. A lot of the blogs that I follow, their writers are from a similar background as I am. I just feel a connection with their food.

Anyways, I got this scones recipe from raspberricupcakes.blogspot.com. I love a good scone recipe. And I love whipping up a fresh batch of scones, for catching up session with moms. It's perfect for just kicking back at someone else's house with a cuppa.


Golden Syrup Scones
(Adapted from Donna Hay Magazine)

2 cups self raising flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 cup (125ml) milk
1/2 cup (125ml) single cream
1 tablespoon golden syrup extra for glazing

Hop over to raspberricupcakes.blogspot.com for step by step instructions. It's pretty simple really. Just sift all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle and stir in the golden syrup, milk and cream. Mix until just combined. Pour batter onto a floured surface, and I did add a little more flour as I thought it was really sticky. Roll out to about 3cm and cut with a scone cutter.

Bake in a moderately hot oven (180 degrees Celsius) for about 15-18 minutes. Brush with extra golden syrup. Serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and jam if desired! I found that it's perfect without the jam, the Golden Syrup gave it enough sweetness. The caramel flavour is just heavenly, a very interesting variation to the plain ol' scones.
Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

maggie said...

your blog makes me feel like i wanna move in with you.. ahah.. so full of nice homey cooked food..
your 3 boys are extremely lucky k!

*just kidding on the moving in part*

Grace said...

Hahahah!! Mags, I'm still yet to have you and your boys over!!! I think my boys may not necessarily be lucky when I'm in my baking mode.... They feel a little "left out"! hahaha...

Grace Lee said...

Hehehe... I'm glad than that we met in person, as you would not have found any whatsoever CONNECTION in my blog with the ...um lack of... food cooking type things in it :) ... lol..