Blogroll

Saturday 10 October 2009

Little Cupcakes by Little Hands

So our friendly neighbour came over one afternoon while I was baking. I told her, go on, go play with Lachie. She looked at me and my baking for the longest time with pleading puppy eyes. Please please please may I lick the spoon when you're done? My nanna let me do it at her house. I thought, why not. It's a yummy lemon butter cake, who could resist?

So she started with the spatula, scooped every last bit from the bowl and then moved on to the K-Beater. And then she declared she needed some more! I thought... alright. Let's make a fresh batch of batter and you could eat it all you want.






Oh, Lucas helped a bit too by the way. He literally stuck his head into the bowl and licked the sides.
.....


Little Cupcakes by Little Hands
by Grace, Lachlan and the girl next door.

2 cups of Self Raising Flour, more or less.
3/4 cups Milk
3/4 cups Castor Sugar
2 eggs
125g butter, melted in the microwave by big hands
A pinch of salt
A handful of choc chips or 3 little handfuls. Beware of missing choc chips that will strangely disappear into little tummies.

Mix all ingredients in the mixing bowl. With big hands, turn mixer on low speed and mix until well combined. Turn up the speed to medium and beat for a minute or two.

Meanwhile, use little hands to put little cupcake cases in mini cupcake pan.

Spoon batter into cupcake cases, wiping up spills with little fingers and cleaning it in their mouth. Lick bowl and all other utensils clean.
Bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes.
Eat more cupcakes and just pray little tummies are OK.
Best Blogger Tips

No comments: