Blogroll

Friday 22 May 2009

Mami and Papa

We have been spoilt. It has been close to 2 weeks since my mum and dad got off the plane. They're here from Malaysia, to be with their grandchildren, and to be with us.

We are so fortunate. I am so lucky! I have not cooked dinner for 3 nights in a row now. I have wonderful home cooked food, almost every night. The boys are bathed, scrubbed clean. They smell lovely, and it's not even 4pm.

The other day I went out to the shops BY MYSELF. I wanted to get the boys pyjamas that I saw in a catalogue. It was strange, I could take my time looking through the items on the shelf. Slowly and carefully deciding which size, which colour. I walked through the store 3 times. I went to the supermarket, walking down each aisle, perusing the shelves. Didn't find much to buy though except milk and bread!

And we have been out, Gary and I! Oh yes we have! We went to the movies, we watched Angels and Demons. We had dinner at Aux Batifolles. And we have so much planned for the next two weekends. Aahhhhh.... I could get used to this.

Someone asked me not so long ago. So, what do we do in our spare time? SPARE time? My answer in a quick haste would be... In my spare time, I would go to the toilet! Hah! Today, in my spare time, I lounged around with Lachy on the couch watching Stuart Little. I sprawled on the floor, rolling about with Lucas. I went out with Gary after dinner WITHOUT THE KIDS for some late night shopping and bought some ice-cream.

Just wonderful. Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

maggie said...

Nice!!!!! have a great time!!!you deserved it TOTALLY!

Leonny said...

Awwww ... how nice! :D

I know it's not that we don't love spending time with the kids, but we all NEED such breaks too!

Well deserved break for Mom and Dad! :D