Blogroll

Monday 15 February 2010

A Happy Reunion

Here's wishing all my dear friends and family, chinese readers from near and afar a Happy and Prosperous Chinese New Year! May the year of the Tiger bring in to you and your family good health, good luck and prosperity.



On the eve of Chinese New Year, that is the 13th of February, we had a reunion dinner with Gary's family: his mum and dad cooked up a big feast as usual, Gary's younger brother Guaran and his wife Chai who's heavily pregnant ready to pop at any moment (by the way, baby tiger cub is on its way out to this world... more of that later!), my brother Mark and his family, my uncle from Perth who was visiting and my paternal grandmother. We are so lucky this year to have my grandma ushering in the new year with us!



On the menu: Steamed rice, roast pork with crispy crackling, lotus root, dried oysters and mushrooms in oyster sauce, pan fried prawns with ginger and shallots, roast chicken, asian greens, chicken in batter with sweet and sour sauce (ahhh... one for the kids!), spicy ma po tofu with pickled mustard green, and my mother in law's special soup of fish maw, sea slugs, herbs among other things (that I won't list) that tastes oh-so-good!



Mmmm... oh what a lucky bunch we are! Hope you all had a lovely reunion dinner with your loved ones too. And oh, Happy Valentine's Day! And a Happy Wedding Anniversary to my dear mum and dad! Best Blogger Tips

No comments: