Blogroll

Thursday 2 September 2010

Hoot Hoot!

Meet Ollie the Owl.



I know, she does have a strange face, with buttons around her eyes and all. But just between you and me, I botched up the stitching around her eyes and it needed some cover-up. Sshhhh...



She is a real nice snuggle up pillow if I must say so myself, and she has taggy tag feathers on her rear end. What is the obsession with tags anyways? Is it just me, but have you noticed little people love playing with tags? Tags on their blankies, tags on their clothes, tags on MY clothes. So I made tags on Ollie the Owl.



She is made from brushed cotton on one side, and soft 100% cotton on the other. Her eyes are recycled material from one of my fluffy scarves, new and recycled buttons, and her nose is recycled felt. Her eye lashes are leftover bits of wool from a previous knitting project.



I haven't decided who I made Ollie the Owl for. But as you can see, the colours are swaying a little to the feminine side.

Do you want her? Maybe I should start an etsy... :)
Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

maggie said...

you are so talented Grace.. love it !

Mamapumpkin said...

Oops! Before reading, I thought it was a large spermy, then a whale. Sorry Mr pink Owl!

Grace said...

LOL! You're right, it does NOT look like an owl! Maybe we can call him spermy...o.O