Blogroll

Saturday 31 July 2010

We Have Lemons!



Citrus are in season right now, and for the first time in seven years, we have some lemons! Big juicy yellow globes hanging off the branches, I love it! It reminds me of happy yellow smiley faces. I wouldn't say that they are in abundance, but hey, there's definitely enough for sharing between our family and a few friends. And if you're in the area and needed some lemons, yell out won't ya?

I have been on a mission, a quest to search for the perfect lemon tart recipe. I love a lemon dessert that packs a punch. It has got to have that zing that goes straight to the back of the jaw, one that is so tangy it makes you shudder with delight!



I tried a Matt Preston recipe last weekend, from the MasterChef magazine and was somewhat disappointed with the end result. The pastry wasn't quite right, or I must have done something wrong with it. There wasn't just enough zing in the filling for my liking. Hence, I shall not share the recipe here. I mean it was an alright recipe, but not one that blows you away.

I did however, tried one made by my sister-in-law, and it was quite delightful. She got the recipe from www.exclusivelyfood.com.au. Perhaps this could be my weekend project. (But there's SO many lined up!)



Oh, tarte au citron! I haven't found the perfect one yet, but oh yes someday I will... Best Blogger Tips

No comments: